Thursday, July 23, 2009

Glasses, Fungus (Or is it Fungi?), and the Beautiful Songwriter Meiko

So today I had my eye exam and discovered that I am near sighted and have a astigmatism. I picked out a pair of glasses, (half rimmed, square lenses) and they should be in tomorrow or Monday. I can hardly wait. Most people dread getting glasses, but I am very excited. Since I was a child I have been jealous of those lucky enough to have impaired vision. Also, I like how glasses look on my face. I remember when I was in fourth grade and Ali Ravenel officially became my first friend to have glasses and I thought, 'Wow, I want some.' Now I get them! Big WOO!

After my eye appointment I went to church and painted the back drop for VBS with my youth group. At one point I went to wash the green paint out of the brushes and it turned my hands and fingernails a rich dark green. The more I scrubbed the more I realized that this stuff wasn't coming off. When I came home, Dad poured paint thinner on my hands. All the paint came of, except for under my nails. I have clipped them, filed them, and picked at them to find that not all of it would come off. And with driver's ed tomorrow, I am scared that someone is going to see my hideous splotches of green and think, 'Holy hell! He's got the fungus!' I know I am being a complete spaz and I know that the paint isn't at all noticable, but this is how my mind works.

Turns out Dad isn't getting transfered. So every third day he must make the trek to James Island.

I now sit in bed sipping lemon water and listening to Meiko. If you haven't heard of her, look her up right when you are done reading this because she is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment