Monday, August 24, 2009

The Blue Bicycle

A privilege of being a senior is being able to leave school at eleven forty seven everyday (except Thursday, I have chapel). But there lies a hindrance within my dismissal time. I can't drive.

So today Mom picked me up, but since she didn't have time to drive me all the way home and and go back to work, she dropped me off on the corner of King and Calhoun. She was a nervous wreck. I was ecstatic. I had never spent a moment downtown by myself. The possibilities were endless. With three hours to waste, I had time.

I actually had three hours where time meant absolutly nothing.

I ate at Momma Kims to start, then I ventured to a place that has changed my life forever.

The Blue Bicycle.

The Blue Bicycle is a small used book store where you can get just about anything. The books had that bitter old smell that I love and there was nothing but wall to wall books. I was like a kid at a candy store. I spent an hour, but limited myself to a twenty five dollar budget to keep myself in check. I have to do that in book stores. I bought Return to Laughter, 5000 Quotations for Every Occation, and Utopia. Twenty three fifty. And to top off an amazing time, the indie chick at the counter was listening to Sufjan Stevens.

I still had a pretty piece of time, so I walked to Planet Smoothie, American Appreal (for the first and last time), and a tiny art store to get more charcoal pencils and a charcoal shader. I tried the library, but I couldn't pay off mmy twenty two dollar late fee with a card, so no books were checked out. I made a run by Starbucks, then met up with Ms. Ravenel.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment